More and more people today are looking at earning a income online. And indeed, the internet does provide many ways in which you can earn a part-time or full-time income online.
However, online does require effort, hard-work, patience and persistence, particularly if you are interested in setting up your own online business. You also have to be careful of the platform that you opt for. While there are numerous ways can help you earn money online, some of these could end up being scams, hence you have to be careful. Also, do not expect to earn a huge amount quickly when using online avenues to earn money.
That said, there are many 6-7 figure earners who have put in the effort and time to learn new skills and set up very successful online businesses for themselves which can now allow them time and money freedom.
There are some ways in which you can start earning immediately like doing freelance work or participating in online surveys, but these would require you to put in consistent time and effort to earn money. Some other options like blogging , becoming a Youtuber, affiliate marketing, CPA Marketing etc may require more work and may not pay immediately but will help you to ultimately create online real estate which will help you to get true time and money freedom.
Here are 14 ways in which you can earn an income online.
The Internet has a plethora of options and Freelancing has always been a popular way to earn money online. There are several websites offering freelance tasks for people with varying skills. All you need to do is to create your account, browse through the offers, and apply for the task that suits you. Some websites may even require you to create a personal listing with the details of your skillset, so that interested clients can contact you directly. You can join Fiverr, Upwork , freelancer etc. You can earn $5 , $100 or even more through these websites.
But remember, you will only be paid once you complete your task and it has been approved by your client. This may even mean revising the work several times unless the requirements of your clients are not met. Some sites may ask you to set up a PayPal account, as most clients prefer to make payments through it.
- Surveys –There are several websites like this one offering money to undergo online surveys. You can get paid for offering your opinions. While these sites usually do not pay much, it can help you earn some easy side money.
- Translating-Knowing a language other than English may even help you earn some extra bucks. There are several websites that offer translation projects that require translating a document from one language into another. This may include Spanish, French, Arab, German, or any other language to or from English.For many, this can make the task rather time-consuming and therefore they hire translators available online from anywhere across the globe. Several websites such as Fiverr, worknhire.com or Upwork.com offers you a platform to be a professional translator.Those who do not have the knowledge or do not have the time to complete their projects on their own, put up their work on these platforms where you can register and start bidding on translation jobs and get paid .
- Online tutoring
If you are an expert in a particular subject, you can earn by tutoring people online. Online tutoring provides a means to connect online with students of all ages, across the country to provide homework help and tutoring in the subjects for which you have demonstrated expertise.
One may sign up on websites like Tutor.com, MyPrivateTutor.com, BharatTutors.com, tutorindia.net as an online tutor by creating a profile.
- Become a Virtual Assistant
Virtual Assistants work remotely with their clients and manage the aspects of their business that they are too busy to handle themselves. When you work as a virtual assistant, you can choose to work as an employee or you can set up your own business. You can promote yourself as a virtual assistant on Fiverr.VAs are skilled, home-based professionals that offer companies, businesses, and entrepreneurs administrative support. Some of the major areas of work includes making phone calls, email correspondence, Internet research, data entry, scheduling appointments, editing, writing, bookkeeping, marketing, blog management, proofreading, project management, graphic design, tech support, customer service, event planning, and social media management. Becoming a VA can entail some degree of training or briefing, depending on your qualifications. However, if you have good communication skills and are capable of using applications like MS Office, you can just sign up on sites such as Fiverr, Elance.com, 24/7 Virtual Assistant, Assistant Match, eaHelp, Freelancer, FlexJobs, People Per Hour, Uassist.Me, Upwork, VaVa Virtual Assistants, Virtual Staff Finder, Worldwide 101, Ziptask, Zirtual and so on.
- Data entry-Although this line of work is seriously threatened by automation, there are still plenty of data entry jobs available in India. It is one the simplest jobs you can do online, and requires no special skills. You just have to have a computer, Internet connection, fast typing skills, and the ability to pay attention to details. Most freelancing websites like Fiverr list these jobs, and you can sign up on any of them to start earning in the range of $10 to $25 per hour.
- PTC sites
Several websites offer money (after a minimum level of earning) by clicking on advertisements. Hence, they are called paid-to-click (PTC) sites. One has to get registered before the project begins. Not all of these sites could be genuine, so be careful. One may also refer friends and earn money in the process. Some such sites are ClixSense.com , ysense ,BuxP and NeoBux .
- Web designing-Not all business owners are tech savvy but the need of the hour is to have a website of their own. Those who have a knack for all- things- tech, especially related to websites, can help small businesses set up their own websites and earn from it. Coding and web designing are the essential ingredients in setting up websites. Further, websites need maintenance and may require frequent updates, which may add to one’s revenue.
- Content writing
Online platforms can be a good starting point. Depending on the quality of the articles, one gets paid. One may be asked to work upon articles with specific guidelines as well. Develop a niche in your area of expertise and build strength in that domain to increase the revenue stream.
- Kindle eBook-If writing books interests you, an option you have is to self-publish eBooks and paperbacks with Kindle Direct Publishing, and reach millions of readers on Amazon. Publishing takes less than 5 minutes and your book appears on Kindle stores worldwide within 24-48 hours. One can earn up to 70 percent royalty on sales to customers in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, India, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and so on. One can keep control of one’s rights and set their own list prices and also make changes to one’s books at any time. BooksFundr and Pblishing.com are two other places to get your book published and earn money.
- Start your own website
This is another popular way to earn online. This includes choosing the domain, templates, and the design for your website. Once ready to service the visitors with the relevant content, sign up for Google Adsense, which when appear on your website and clicked by visitors help you make money. The more the traffic you get on your website, the more will be the potential for higher earnings. You can learn how to start your own wordpress website the proper way here.You can also create the website for blogging. It starts with a hobby, interest, and passion and soon blogging becomes a career option for many bloggers. Eg you can start a blog for cooking, travel, music or art and monetise the blogs through ads, product reviews, and so on. But remember, earning through blogging may also take a lot of time and effort. For some, it may take as long as year to actually earn through blogging.
- Affiliate marketing
Once your website is up and running, you can also opt for affiliate marketing by allowing companies to insert web links on to your site. When visitors to your site buy products or services by clicking on such links, you earn out from it. You can learn how to do affiliate marketing by joining Clickbank University online.You can also use social media like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat for affiliate marketing.
- YouTube-If you are not comfortable in penning down your thoughts through blogs and content writing, make use of your camera to create a video presentation. Create your YouTube channel, upload videos and start monetising them. Choose a category or subject that you want to make videos on and get started, but make sure it’s a topic that will interest a lot of people. Everything from cooking shows to political debates can find many takers on YouTube. You have to create a YouTube channel, which works on a similar model as a blog. As you make your channel popular and the number of subscribers grows, so will your earning potential. The payment one gets is based on every thousand views.
- Selling your products online
If you want to sell products online, you may can it by creating your own website. As there’s lot of competition and several existing websites in place already catering to this market, an attempt to create a niche in terms of products may be considered. Or, you can use the platform such as Amazon, Flipkart to sell. One can increase reach and visibility through affiliate marketing.